College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
  • Home
  • Academics
  • Choosing Your Major

Choosing Your Major

Major Declaration Congratulations! You’ve decided on a major. Most of the programs in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences do not have any requirements for declaring a major, however, we strongly encourage you to meet with an advisor in your desired area of study and create a plan to graduate.  During an advising appointment, your advisor can also help you update your academic record to reflect your area of study or you can fill out a Major Interest Change Form in 109 Strong Hall. 

Major Admission Some departments in the College require you to meet certain curriculum criteria before allowing you to declare. You can find a full list of these majors in the list below. During the semester that you are enrolled in your last course for admission, you will need to meet with the department to fill out a Major Intent Form. Upon submission of your Major Intent Form and successful completion of the requirements for admission into the program, you will be officially admitted.

Major Admission Departments


Change of Interest You may change your interest at any point in time during your academic career. We highly encourage you to meet with an advisor in your new area of interest prior to making a change. You can change your interest by filling out a Major Interest Change Form in 109 Strong Hall. This will not officially declare you in that major. To officially change your major, you will need to complete either the Major Declaration Form or Major Intent Form with the department or meet with your academic advisor to declare depending on your desired major.