Applying to Graduate
- The College of Liberal Arts & Sciences does not automatically graduate students upon completion of all requirements.
- A student must file an online application through KU’s Enroll & Pay to signify that they are ready to graduate.
- A student should apply before the College's Priority Graduation Check Deadline to ensure timely graduation information.
- A student should apply to graduate for the semester that all degree requirements will be completed and not based on the semester that they want to walk down the hill. For example, if a student plans to complete their degree requirements in spring, the student should apply for spring graduation. If a student plans to complete their degree requirements in the summer, they should apply for summer graduation.
- A student can access the Enroll & Pay application by signing into their Enroll & Pay account and then in the main menu clicking on “Degree Progress/Graduation,” followed by “KU Apply for Graduation.”
- A student must file an application through Enroll & Pay for each semester/term they anticipate graduating. Applications to graduate do not roll-forward, so if a student applied to graduate in spring and does not meet all degree requirements, then they will need to re-apply for the next semester or term that they anticipate their requirements will be completed.
- If a student misses the online deadline to apply for their intended semester of graduation, then they should contact their College Graduation Advisor by email as soon as possible to file an application offline. If a student does not know who their College Graduation Advisor is, they may contact College Advising & Student Services in 109 Strong Hall or call 785-864-3500.
- If a student misses an application deadline to graduate in the fall or spring semester then their name will not be included in the associated graduation program that is printed and distributed at the graduation ceremony.
- Applications to graduate in the spring semester are typically available August 1st of the semester prior to that spring and available through March 1st of the intended semester of graduation.
- Applications to graduate in the summer term are typically available October 1st of the fall semester prior to the next summer term and are available through July 15th of the intended term of graduation.
- Applications to graduate in the fall semester are typically available March 1st of the spring semester prior to the coming fall and are available through November 1st of the intended semester of graduation.
Graduation Information Sheets
- Summer 2017 Graduation Information Sheet
- Fall 2017 Graduation Information Sheet
- Spring 2018 Graduation Information Sheet
Priority Graduation Check
- Students are encouraged to apply to graduate through Enroll & Pay the semester prior to their intended semester of graduation.
- There is an priority graduation check deadline for each respective semester or term.
- If a student applies by the priority graduation check deadline then the College Graduation Advisor will be able to review the student’s record before the start of their final semester. This is beneficial for all students, as it allows Graduation Advisors enough time to identify possible issues that may require a change in enrollment, and notify the student. If issues are caught early, then the student may still have time to correct their schedules before the first day of their final semester, (rather than finding out in the midst of their last intended semester that there is a problem).
- Once a student has applied to graduate through Enroll & Pay the College Graduation Advisor will review the student’s record, this is known as a Graduation Review.
- If everything is on-track for graduation, then the student will receive an Academic Notice through their MyKU Portal.
- If the Graduation Advisor cannot tell how a requirement(s) is being completed then the student will receive an email asking for clarification on the outstanding requirements.
- A graduation review will take place once a given semester or term has started. Once the fall semester (or other respective semester) has started, the College Graduation Advisors will conduct Graduation Reviews continuously up until the graduation deadline that same semester. For example, in fall the application deadline is typically November 1st, so the Graduation Advisors would review applications throughout the semester as they come in up until the last day to apply- November 1st.